How to Apply to the Summer Research Scholars Program
Applications will be accepted from Dec. 15, 2017 through Feb. 15, 2018.
Tentative 2018 Program Dates: June 4 through August 3, 2018.
Summer 2018 Application
Applicants should submit the following list of items:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of school transcript (official or unofficial)
- 2 letters of faculty recommendation (more info)
- Statement of interest in the LHI SRSP (paragraph)
- Brief statement of short term and long term goals
Please have all materials together before you begin the online application. Letters of recommendation may be submitted directly via the form, or faculty members may submit letters themselves via a separate form or email.
- Scholarships are open to high school students and undergraduate students.
- High school students must be 16 years of age or older, must be current Junior or Senior at time of application, and must be a U.S. citizen.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in an accredited degree program in a health care related field.
- Scholarships last 10 weeks in duration and are full time (40 hr/week, unless special arrangements have been requested and approved by the Director).
Compensation and Benefits
Scholars will receive a stipend ($3000 for high school students and $4000 for undergraduate students).
Housing and Meals
- The Summer Research Scholars Program does not provide meals or housing for participants
- For applicants 18 years of age and older, accommodations in University of Minnesota residence halls are available at an extra cost. Contact the U of M Office of Housing and Residential Life for more info: University of Minnesota Housing and Residential Life website.
- For applicants under the age of 18, an adult chaperone is required for accommodation in University housing. The adult chaperone must live with the applicant and pay an additional cost. Alternatively, minor age applicants may make off-campus housing arrangements with family or friends in the area.