Wilson Scholars: Summer Research Grant Program
For questions or additional information:
Jessica Wilde at 612-301-1841
As Wilson Scholars, students are assigned to a research laboratory and a mentor from the first week in July through the end of August. Scholars participate in a weekly lecture program focused on career development and present a poster at the annual Cardiovascular Scientific Retreat. Download the Program Flyer
- Substantial stipend for 9 week summer research program (from mid-June, 2021 – early August, 2021)
- Certificate signifying status as a Lillehei Heart Institute Scholar
- All applications must include a Med school transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable), two letters of recommendation, a list of short term and long term goals, and a curriculum vitae. Submission of an undergraduate transcript is also recommended but not required.
- Application materials should be submitted online
- Applications will be accepted from January 15, 2021 through March 8, 2021.
Review and selection of awards
- Deadline for submission is midnight, March 8, 2021
- Notification of selection end of March, 2021.
- Requirements: Applicant must be a first-year medical school student.
Applications will be evaluated by a committee of representatives from the Medical School and from LHI.