Wilson Scholars: Summer Research Grant Program
For questions or additional information:
Jessica Wilde at 612-301-1841
As Wilson Scholars, students are assigned to a research laboratory and a mentor from the first week in July through the end of August. Scholars participate in a weekly lecture program focused on career development and present a poster at the annual Cardiovascular Scientific Retreat. Download the Program Flyer
- $4,000 stipend for 9 week summer research program (from mid-June, 2019 – early August, 2019)
- Certificate signifying status as a Lillehei Heart Institute Scholar
- All applications must include a Med school transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable), a letter of recommendation, a list of short term and long term goals, and a curriculum vitae. Submission of an undergraduate transcript is also recommended but not required.
- Application materials should be submitted online
- Applications will be accepted from January 15, 2019 through March 1, 2019.
Review and selection of awards
- Deadline for submission is midnight, March 1, 2019
- Notification of selection March 29, 2019 May 7, 2019.
- Requirements: Applicant must be a first-year medical school student.
Applications will be evaluated by a committee of representatives from the Medical School and from LHI.